View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 PM

Thumbs up Just had pre-op. 2 Level Prodisc-C, Prestige Combo 8-12-09

Had the pre-op and things went pretty well. I had plenty of ?'s for the doc. Said ct scan looked good, no arthritis. I did have to sign a conflict of interest form stating that he is a shareholder in the clinic and he does get some financial income from certain companies, including Medtronic. I asked him what discs he would be using. Will be 2 pro-disc Cs or possibly a prodisc C, Prestige combo. He likes to do the combo because it really "secures" everthing. He would decide which path to take once he gets inside and makes a call on what would be best.

When I asked if 2 Levels were common, he said "If you come to me YES, if you go else where probably not. Ive been doing them for years now and average 5 a month."

He pulled me off all drugs a month ago and its been HELL. Was taking 3 flexeril and 4 norcos a day. Now its just advil and that stops tomorrow.

I will be so glad when all this is over. The doc did decide to take me off work completely for 3 months instead of sending me back on "light" duty in 6 weeks like he told me at last appointment. Im a Union Ironworker and Light duty is hard to come by. My employer has been really good finding me things to do up until surgery. Im sure he just doesnt want to risk me messing things up.

Will give everyone an update next week.
MRI - C4-5 and C5-6 herniated
7-9-09 Neurosurgeon sets date for 2 level ADR
7-20-09 Work Comp approves surgery
8-3-09 CT Scan and Pre-OP
8-12-09 Surgery