View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

There definitely is a disconnect in the system but I also think many patients expect the docs to have THE answer on their care right off the bat.

It takes time for a skilled practitioner to diagnose, and they are only as good as the information they are given as well. Patients often are not completely up front with their medical team, something that can really affect the outcome of any disease process. With the current insurance environment, even the most skilled physician can't cover all the bases with the time often allotted during a single visit.

And by all means, if you don't have a good relationship or you don't think the physician is listening you need to find care elsewhere. No sense in wasting either of your time.

I know I've fired docs before, simply for not being able to get convenient and reasonable office appointments. If a doc is so busy he can't see you for 6 months and your case requires more frequent visits then what's the use of you being his patient?

I demand time from my medical professionals, but I make sure I know what I am asking and am prepared for every visit I attend. I expect the same from my physician. So far that has worked VERY well for me and I have a wonderful team of skilled practitioners behind me.

Mutual Respect is a wonderful thing and a two way street ! ! !
Severe Vitamin D Deficiency
Spinal Fusion C5-C6, C6-C7 - May 2007
Multiple epidurals, L 3/4/5 & S1
L 3,4,5 & S1 herniated/bulging disks-under control for now.