Thread: Hello all
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Default Hello all

Hello my name is yoav and i'm from israel.

i started suffering from back pain when i was 16, did an x ray and was diagnosed with scoliosis. i did some PT (did nothing) then started taking alexander classes and that cleared the pain right away.
during this age i was a very active guy, played a lot of soccer and basketball, i used to run about 2 time a week, and i was also rock climbing quite a lot.

than when i was 18 an in the military i started suffering from leg pain (which seems quite normal in boot camp when youre running 18 hours a day), 4 months in to training i got anCT scan which showed an herniated disc at the l5 s1 hieght.
i did PT for a year, and it only got worse, and at 2004 i did the discetomy
procedure.

it did help a lot for a while (pre op, i could barely get out of bed to the bathroom), and at one point i even bartended for a year and felt quite good.
i guess i overloaded myself and around 3 years after the surgery i had new pain this time around the pelvic area.
this pain is on and off now for 3 years and is getting worse when ever i try to resume normal life. the mri shows soft tissue damage and ddd in the l5 s1.

Now im in a point where as long as i dont sit for more then 30 min a day and dont do any strong physical action (bending, lifting, running, standing for a long period of time) im kinda of pain free, more pelvic uncomfratble feeling then pain. what it means that im walking around a bit im swimming doing some excersise, but most of the time just lying in bed so it wont get worse.
it's kinda hard living without being able to sit.

my health endavours include - strict diet (no alcohol, no coffe, no fried food, no white flour or sugar, no smoking), swimming for 30 min , 6 days a week (just finished my total immersion course for swimming and it's amazing), accupanture once a week, and a technique called flendercrise (after the israeli man who inveted it, it center around skeleton movement) which as speacial excersie im doing daily.

so im kinda ok, and i do feel like im getting better as long as i dont "resume normal life", but i dont want to keep living like this. i had to stop my engenering studies cause i couldn't sit, and it feel like no matter how much excercise ill do it wont change the fact the the disc is degenarted.

that's way now im consedring adr with the m6-l, but im affraid to go in to surgery when i dont really need it, and i heard that their might be a problem with adr and scoliosis. but so far from what i read about it, its sounds really great, so ill need to get more and more info and decide.
any advice will be much more than welcomed.

thanks to all the wonderful people on the site that share all this info, idea and advice, youre amazing!
diagnosed with soft tissue and ddd at the place of the surgery (l5-s1).