View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 01:55 PM

Hi Jet -

I'd be interested in hearing what the docs have suggested in your situation.

I have both C5-6 and C6-7 herniations but, so far, mostly radiating arm pain and what appears to be related neck soreness. I do have some facet arthrosis on MRI but it seems like my cycling accident turned out to be a 'wake-up call' that's making me act sooner than I might otherwise have (i.e. before the problems starting to affect those two levels in my neck advanced too far).

Under the circumstances, and being generally healthy and active, docs seem to believe I'm close to an ideal candidate for ADR - and after a lot of research and talking with folks I'm considering M6. From what I understand, having some very modest compressibility should be helpful for absorbing axial (i.e. up-and-down) loads; and having "graded resistance" to motion (i.e. more resistance to motion as it increases because the annulus bands resist over-stretching as does the native annulus) should be helpful for protecting surrounding structures like the facets. While these are still theoretical advantages until proven in long-term studies, I need to make a choice now and, all things considered, am leaning strongly toward M6.

I'm now trying to pick the best surgeon from among several who seem to be well qualifed and have had good experience.

Would love to hear about your progress!

and in the meantime wishing you the best,
Tyler
Completely off of pain meds since a few days post-op and symptom-free; have returned to cycling, climbing and all other activities (but staying off the motorcycle)