View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Im with you on that. Do this because we say but don't do that because we won't pay. we won't pay if it is or will pay if is not or vise versa. Crappy part for me is that i spend about 80-90K in premiums for my employees and insulting as it is I have to pay out of pocket for the correct implant (my opinion) out of pocket.

Everyone will wonder what the heck happened when the supposed ACA kicks in full blast. Bad enough now but going to get worse unfortunately. Sorry for the rant.

Lumbar was actually gonna try and fly out yesterday but couldn't get flights. Flights out for 19th or 23rd surgery are insanely costly at 12k+ and thats not even first class. I need to wait to see what the airfares look like after the holidays or reach out to those that may know when they come down in price. seems a waste to spend half the cost of the surgery on flights.

My only quandary is that if I can hold on that long and not go for a micro lamidisco now. My surgeon here can get me in this week if i wanted.
Im not sure of the ramifications of doing so but i wouldn't think it would be preferred and risk scar tissue on posterior then implant after. common sense says to me that it most likely would be counterproductive regardless of a stepped approach.

Frank
Cervical herniation symptoms 2011
C5-7 M6C by Dr Clavel on June 5 2013
L3-5 M6L by Dr. Clavel on 12.18.13
Living life instead of living the condition