View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathub View Post
My LazyBoy and my 'Old People's' bed are my refuges. I'm always amazed at how much money my customer's spend on vehicles that cost $10K/yr in fuel, insurance and maintenance (never mind the depreciation) but refuse to spend 1/100th of that on a device like the LazyBoy. No wonder our latest generation have so much materialistic 'NEEDS'......they've seen all their parents buy bobbles instead of safe shelter, wholesome food and healthy environment......FWIW
Hi Fathub,

Just a comment on "latest generation have so much materialistics "NEEDS". I'm going to be 57 in a few short months. My oldest daughter will turn 30, my younger 28. They have never had a job that provides them additional health benefits. I've had one for over 25 years which means, for that time, never had to pay for a dentist, eyeglasses or medication. I owned several high end cars and had a house when I was in my 20's. They, both don't have a house, old cars and are "getting by". It seems that when I speak to the younger generation in stores they are all part-time without enough hours at one job to qualify for full-time, so they have several jobs. IMHO, it was my generation that took the cream of the pie, not the younger. We are the generation with the big screen TV's, most of the young stream their TV shows on their PCs, iPads or androids. Again, I'm Canadian, and, my comments shouldn't reflect on other countries.