Thread: CMAC - My Story
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM

OK, I had my appointment with the surgeon and I have scheduled my surgery for May 6th. I am happy that I will finally have the opportunity to get better, but I have a few questions I would like to ask:

1. The artificial disc is the Prodisc - C. Does anyone have any input on the success of this disc and how are they doing in their recovery?

2. Also, The Dr. said this would be an outpatient surgery and I would be leaving the same day. Does that seem reasonable, and has anyone had this performed as outpatient and left the same day as well?

3. What would be a realistic expectation of recovery? He said I would be Ok within a week or so and I could probably get back to work within 2 weeks. The big thing he said was I wouldn't be able to lift or perform any strenuous activities for 2-3 months. Based on anyone else's experience with a cervical disc replacement, does this sound OK?

I would appreciate any insight here. Thanks again for welcoming me into my new cervie group! Unfortunate circumstances, but looks like I'll be a groupie for life now!

Cheers!
2 bulging discs - c4-5 & c5-6
Herniated disc - c6-7
conservative treatments/procedures: meds, PT, 2 epis, positive concordant discogram
ADR ProDisc - C @ C6-C7 May 6, 2008
Paralyzed Left vocal cord - d