View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Hi Matt, welcome.

Can you provide a bit more information? Specifically, what is your spinal diagnosis? What was described about your spinal health from your imaging studies? The radiologists do a good job of "spelling out" the problems in the patient's spine. You can and should obtain these written reports (including the imaging on CD) from your provider. If you continue to go to the same imaging centers, they will generally review previous studies and make note of the changes to your spine on these reports. E.g., changes in stenosis, disc degeneration or arthrosis are often noted. What does yours say?

Also, if you've not already reviewed this topic, pls do: ADR Risks, Complications, Disqualifications. As you know, just because you can purchase a surgical service, it doesn't mean you should...

Generally speaking, advanced arthrosis of the facets is a contraindication. Unfortunately, we've seen patients with:

- no detectable arthrosis develop problematic facets (meaning pain or arthrosis);
- various stages of facet arthrosis have no facet problems or pains;
- various stages of facet arthrosis have serious facet problems or pains!

So as you now know, this is a tricky issue with many variables. So drill down on your situation and try to get the docs to at least stage your level of spinal disease(s), especially your facet arthritis. I hope this helps...I know its confusing.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate