View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM

First let me say I am happy that Bob had successful surgery. It's always good to see someone come out on the other side pain free.

As with Bob I ignored all the "bad press" and made my own decision. I actually followed Bob's experience and success. One of which helped me be more comfortable with my decision to go to Stenum.

What I can tell you is there where 6 surgeries my Friday. Ritter-Lang was the only surgeon, Dr. Z. was on vacation. My roommate was #1 and went in just after 10:00am. There were complications with the 2nd patient (Lumbar) which moved my time to 3:30pm, I was #3. I was in recovery within the hour (2 level ADR). The last patient was wheeled into recovery at 7:00pm.

I do talk to a few from my group, which are still having problems. But I did here one was doing very well.

As I stated earlier Ritter-Lang is probably a good surgeon. My gut tells me he's quick when he needs to be with out regard to the outcome. Something no Doctor should practice.

I had a life altering experience, so rightfully I'm upset. I still have my pre and post op films that show nothing was done. Only discs where removed and ADR installed.

More than anything I wish I listened to the "nay sayers". I would have stayed in the states for my health care needs. Based on having 4 cervical surgeries at home, I have had no problems with any of them.

As for "Stenum bashing", that right should be reserved for anyone that actually went there. However, someone like Harrison has the knowledge of many and his opinions are of value. So I am greatful when he shares information.

Fusion C6/C7 - 2/2002
Foramenotomy 1/2004 - C5/C6 right side
Stenum M6 - 4/2009 - C4/C5, C5/C6
US Prestige ST - 12/2009 - C3/C4
Revision to Fusion 4/2009 - C5/C6 M6
Auto fuse of M6 at C4/C5 - determined after Xray on 3/2011.
Current - Fused at 3 levels C4/5/6/7, ADR C3/C4
Lumbar L5/S1 Annular tear - pain started 8/2009. MRI Hiz on 3/2011