View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Default About to have ADR,new to site

Well,here it goes!

I have always read but never posted about my back problems before,maybe I was hoping they would go away LOL. Well I started with severe back pain 11yrs ago after coming home from the hospital to have my oldest Jordyn. After an emergency c-section I came home,I noticed my back was killing me and it looked like someone had beaten me across my lower back. Everyone I complained to said "you just had a baby of coarse your back hurts".

Well with in six weeks of that and a move from N.Y to Florida I was in unbearable pain.First MRI told me it was my L5-s1. I didn't even know what that was at first. After a life of gymnastics,dance,cheer leading and lots of working out I never had a back problem ever.

Every doctor I saw at the time told me I would need a fusion. At that time I thought I would beat this,work out more and all would be well,boy was I wrong! I went on to have two more children,continued to work out,clean the house and all that goes with taking care of my family all the while in chronic ,severe back pain. In all these years not only severe pain but I was not able to stand for very long.

Flash forward 1o hrs. Last year this time I fell getting up out of bed. I knew something was wrong. My left leg went numb over night and I could not feel my left foot at all. Not only was my leg numb but now I couldnt walk or stand for more than 10minutes. I have been this way since. In this year I have had endoscopic surgery to repair nerve damage and now ADR by mid Aug, I have been so scared to do this but now scared to stay like this.

Thank God I swim everyday but even that hurts. My life in this past year has been really rough. Walking is almost impossible,maybe I get 5-or 10 minutes and then the pain is so strong only lying down will help. As a person who has always worked out it's been hard to sit on the sidelines for EVERYTHING.

So for not only myself but my family I'm going in! Now,I know my doctor must tell me everything but I must admit after meeting w/him last week,I'm scared!

Reading these post have helped. My doctor kept repeating how serious the surgery is and now I'm so scared to do it although I'm not backing out. I'm trying to get past the fear. Any suggestions?

Thanks