View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 PM

Default Cervical & SI Joint Issues

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a few months, have never posted, but I guess it's time. I have multiple pain issues & it's taken me a while to try to sort through it all.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with "mild" cervical DDD-3 levels affected - however my symptoms have been anything but mild. I have severe spasming of upper and lower traps w/pain & weakness into the shoulders and arms R>L, also occasional "zinger" nerve-type pain into the 4th & 5th fingers R hand and tip of baby finger on the left. It all started after I "injured my back" shoveling.

I have had fibromyalgia for > than a decade but never considered myself a chronic pain patient. Mostly had major sleep issues with some fatigue but the fibro pain was 80% kept at bay with exercise, good nutrition, and various supplements.
I have been through multiple pain clinics, tried multiple meds, and various treatment modalities and nothing has been effective in addressing the above symptoms. The pain clinic MDs diagnosed it as chronic myofascial pain and neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome. I did not get an MRI until 15months into all this and Cervical DDD can mimic all the above syndromes so its a little complicated.

Found an ADR surgeon in my area who agrees that the all this could be coming from my discs and the next step would be a discogram, but need to put this on hold as I injured my R SI Joint last February. Got botox into my neck and upper back at that time & became very ill and weak. Could barely get out of the tub one morning and I twisted my pelvis somehow.
Arthrograms were positive x 2, not a candidate for for RF neuotomy, & was given referrals to see some surgeons for possible fusion of that joint.

Not that I want to rush into that but I'm pretty disabled by it - on crutches and using a wheel chair. Will be seeing the surgeon that "CindyLou" used for her SI Joint fusion - don't know if she's had any good long term results though.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long Intro and I welcome any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have.

Best Regards, MeggieLynn
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint