View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 PM

Hi Jim,
In order for insurance to pay for the rhizotomy, you have to pass 2 Lateral Branch Block tests. Somehow I failed the first one - I got really good relief the first hour, but that relief quickly fell off in the second hour. I guess you need at least 2 hours of good solid relief. So, yes, that was the initial intention in trying to buy me some time.
I've considered prolotherapy, but have been hesitant, because of the fibromyalgia and how I reacted to the botox. Triggerpoint injections would cause somewhat of the same response with the same severe spasming and flaring of symptoms. I thought the botox would offset that - but no such luck. I'm thinking maybe the botox had some affect to the top layer of muscles but then perhaps the underlying layers of muscles overcompensated with even more tightening. In any case, I'd like to see the results of my pelvic/SI Joint CT to see if I really did "yank" that joint out of alignment before thinking about prolo. I will be seeing Dr John Stark next week - the SI Joint surgeon to review it.
It was the neck sugeon who suggested I deal with the SI Joint first.

MeggieLynn This is sort of how I look when I do try to walk - only a lot slower and kind of dragging the right leg.
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint