View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 PM

Default Undecided

I'm not sure what to do about anything. My head has been spinning the last couple of months. A rhizo for the SI Joint is not so straight forward as it has a very complex innervation pattern. In 60% of the population it is primarily innervated ventrally(backside) & the other 40% its anterior or from the front. Generally RF ablations are done only from the ventral side covering lateral branches of L5,S1,S2,&S3 and there are about 8-9 lateral branches of these nerves that they have to "burn". So it probably would be alot more expensive.

For the anterior side denervation they would have to start farther up like at L2 and proceed down. Perhaps I'm in that population where I am more innervated anteriorly & maybe that is why I failed the block. Thanks for your suggestion though.

MeggieLynn
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint