View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Hi Bill,
I've been tested for Lyme disease twice and its come back negative twice. I know some researchers are focusing on a possible bacterial/viral connections to fibro but I really don't think that is the case with me. Other than having the fibro, I've really been been very healthy and rarely get sick with infections. I've gone through an entire decade and have only gotten about 3-4 colds whereas most people get that many in a year.

I believe the fibro is because of my poor sleep. Two sleep studies have shown that I have little or no REM sleep and spend little time in the deeper stages of sleep. Six years after the poor sleep started the muscle aches & poor tolerance to repetitive-type exercises started and then the fibro dx. The first year was difficult w/muscle pain but it then improved w/Tai Chi, a light walking & biking program. I never had chronic pain in my neck, upper back, and shoulders until after I "injured" my back.

As far as the cervical issues, I think I know how the DDD started. I was rear-ended 3 times in the last 15 years, in the same time frame I had a major fall and landed mostly on my head w/my arms just barely breaking the fall, I got caught up in the home improvement craze and did far too many projects that were not good for my strength and fitness level and w/maybe not the best body mechanics at times. I think the SI Joint injury was just an unfortunate occurrence.

MeggieLynn
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint