View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Default In Honor of Animals - Love and Healing

My furry friend Harrison left us a few weeks ago. He’s the best little friend I ever had. He was with me before after and my spine surgery, and was with me through the long (and far worse) illness that nearly killed me (systemic bacterial infection).

I never had to euthanize an animal I loved so completely, so saying goodbye was grueling for me. My wife’s support and relationship with our eighteen-year-old tabby made it much easier to bear. For those of you that have suffered with illness while your pets were there for you, I am sure you can relate.

I searched out books to help me through the grieving process and really liked When Your Pet Dies, A Guide to Mourning, Remembering and Healing. It helped me a lot. I’ll read it again soon.

There were a few things that happened in the last few weeks of his life that helped me look at animals in a whole new light, literally. These days, though I am still grieving, I marvel at all the ways animals can help us heal through love and energy (see attached).

Thank you Harrison, for your love and light!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Cat Purring & Healing.doc (49.0 KB, 16 views)
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate