View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM

So very sorry to hear of your loss. I've got a houseful of critters, but there are always the very special ones as you describe.

Not only do they help us through grief, but they can grieve themselves for their own loss. My grandparents had two Standard Poodles, brothers, and when one died of cancer, the other stopped eating and drinking and sadly, they had to put him to sleep also. It was a huge blow.

My friend had two horses, two mares who were very close. When one contracted a terrible disease, her barn mate wouldn't leave her side. When her time came, an act of kindness by the vet, the other mare kept jumping the fence and standing on the horse's grave. They finally left the gate open and after a week, she started eating again and seemed to get back to normal. If I hadn't watched her, I wouldn't have believed it could happen.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.