View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1234 View Post

Jack- did the person you know do well with Dr. Schmitz? May I ask why you want only an ESP? I know very little about this so far.

When I had my neck done, I also had L4-L5 fused. It is maybe 19 months since then and the pain is really starting to bother me at the level above the fusion. Wonder if I should try PRP or something. .
From the lumbar perspective - the ESP to me is the most superior design out there, by far. I don't care for the M6 for it's mesh loop that seems to be allowing the unconstrained core to escape (in some failures?) and the fact it is an unconstrained device that won't significantly limit twisting... And for the damage the 'blade' at the top and bottom of the disc will do to your vertebrae...

I could go on about other discs.

The CP-ESP I don't quite feel as strongly about but still believe it is likely the best out there. I just wouldn't bet my life on it.

The person who had the revision is Cheryl. Last I heard she was doing well.

BTW - the whole reason for choosing an ADR - and importantly IMHO a constrained ADR... Is to reduce likelihood of adjacent segment disease and specifically wear and pain on neighboring facet joints.

My symptoms were FAR less severe than some here, but in the end I'm glad I had both my lumbar and neck done... with ADR's... instead of waiting until it got really bad and then fusion would be a more likely outcome.

I wish you luck in trying to get better.
Four central disc protrusions in thoracic spine.

C5-C6, C6-C7 bulging, bone spurs. Imaging not looking good. Successful CP-ESP's placed in Oct 2019 by Dr. Desai.

Delayed lumbar surgery to work on bone density. Considering options now, some but minimal bone density improvement. Will only use LP-ESP.