Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:27 PM

Hi,

I am new to this site but would like to introduce myself to the community. I am 42 years old and have been in pain for around 20 years now.. Left upper thoracic pain, left neck and left head/face pain. Have tried injections, chiropractic (I am a chiropractor), phys therapy, massage, accupuncture, NMT and many other modalities to no avail. I have lived with the pain with a very poor quality of life. Have had X-rays that show a 22 degree Cervical-thoracic scoliosis that I assumed was the cause of my pain. However no Orthopedic surgeons or neurosurgeons agreed that this curve was significant. MRI's showed DJD and disc bulging at C6-7 but not outright herniation. In September had a Discogram which showed large tear in the C6-7 disc with much leakage of disc fluid. I believe this is my cause of pain and am now seeking ADR surgery.

Was looking at Stenum until reading this forum and hearing many horror stories. Is ADR on the cerical spine being done in the US? Is it only in the clinical stages here? Will I have to go to Germany to have this surgery?

Any recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks!!!!

Louis