Thread: Music & Healing
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Lightbulb Music & Healing

I meant to post this suggestive question a while ago! I love music of all kinds, especially classical and new age. Like many here, I just take music as a given and listen to it when I am working or relaxing. But patients in pain have a tough time relaxing or falling or sleep, so every little idea or tip might help them fall asleep, where the magic of sleep can help heal.

I’d like to start a list of music artists or CD titles that you all find particularly relaxing. I’ll give one example of an artist I heard of a few years back: Anugama. I think this guy is a bit of a genius, as he actually incorporates certain frequencies into his music that physiologically come together to create “sound therapy.” Here’s a brief review of his aptly named “Healing” CD:

“…Theta sounds, planetary sounds, natural and other sounds, arranged according to the findings of sound therapy, are the 'components' of these harmonious compositions by Anugama, which have especially positive effects on the soul. In sound therapy, the brain is energetically recharged through music with a high proportion of high frequencies, resulting in awareness and alertness of mind…”

Sure, it may sound new-agey, but it’s cool. And relaxing indeed. What are you folks listening to these days to relax? Fall asleep?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate