View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Metal Allergy Test

Drewrad ~

To answer your question, I had the MELISA Metals blood test done by Pharmasan Labs a couple of months ago. Initially, they would only give me either positive or negative on the results. After many phone calls, I managed to get their ranges for the tests. I chose MELISA because it is supposed to be more sensitive than the other blood test that you got. Here is the data they sent me.

Aluminum, Positive, my result 4.1, their range = greater than 2.7
Chromium, Positive, my result 5.7, their range = greater than 3.2
Cobalt, Negative, my result 1.4, their range = greater than 2.2
Molybdenum, Negative, mine 2.5, their range = greater than 2.8
Nickel, Positive, my result 7.8, their range = greater than 7.7
Titanium Calcium, Positive, mine 3.4, their's = greater than 2.2
Titanium Dioxide, Negative, mine 2.6, their's = greater than 2.7
Vanadium, Positive, my result 3.4, their range = greater than 2.2

I may have the other Lab do the test too. I'll see what the Orthopedic Knee surgeon says tomorrow. I've read that the two tests don't always agree which is why some doctors don't have faith in them. The allergist said that the titanium screws in vitro are my best indicator and had no faith in the blood test whatsoever. I'm hoping I can find a better allergist. It was hard finding this guy and my appointment with him was not very helpful. He thinks these blood tests are about as accurate as someone going into a room full of people and asking them what they think of something and then measuring their response by how loud they clap. That was the example he gave me.

The test on Nickel surprised me because their range cut off is 7.7 and I'm 7.8. I am quite sensitive to Nickel but, you wouldn't know it from this test result. I had a ring once that was made of silver from Mexico. I'm sure it had nickel in it too because I used to get blisters under it. I have no problem with 925 silver. I've also had problems with my earlobes swelling and getting infected when I don't wear 925 silver or gold earrings. Your guess is as good as mine as to why I am allergic to so many metals. I knew I had metal allergies because of the sensitivities to jewelry but, was quite surprised by the test results.

There is only one ceramic ADR. I think it's pretty untested at this point. It does have some titanium coating in it too. I'm pretty disappointed that Dr. Clavel does not think I should get the M6-C's because of the test. He didn't even see the ranges, just gave me a one sentence response to my inquiry after I sent him the initial test that just said positive or negative on it. I think I'll have to get some more information before approaching him again on the subject. He's been so darn busy this summer. It took me 5 or 6 weeks to get the one sentence response from him.

Hope this answers your questions. If you have any input, I'm all ears! Hey, did you ever get the stem cell injections? I've looked into them and have considered getting them. I've had good success reducing my pain levels by various naturopathic means including herbs to detox metals. Not sure anyone is really interested here so, I haven't posted about all the stuff I've tried. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Cheers,

Cynlite
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016