View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Mike welcome happy/sorry to have you here.

If you are looking at Ritter-Lang and are considering the M6 I would suggest you look at Dr. Pablo Clavel in Barcelona. Scour the message boards for some recent posts of mine for his contact info. A LOT of the patients here have had or are scheduled to have surgery with him and I think you would find a consultation with him beneficial.

-Jeff
I was just going to say the same thing! I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor, and I think most doctors are idiots. (I've had a run of bad experiences until recently, including nearly being killed by one). I am looking at possibly six levels and feel completely comfortable with Dr. Clavel. When I opened up our consultation my first question was if there was a time limit for the consultation, and if there was I was prepared to pay for as much time as I needed. He seemed entirely perplexed and said "Time limit? There's no time limit."

No amount of money can buy THAT kind of care. Only a decent person who genuinely cares about his patients can provide that.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.