View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
Sorry to sound snippy but if you think its easier to fly across the world and let a doctor you never met, who you hope has your best interest at hand while paying cash with no follow up to future problems you need to invest the time
It takes hundreds if not thousands of procedures with a device to become adept with it. I personally wouldn't let a doctor who has done less than 50 touch me - which is the case for pretty much every Doctor on your list I suspect.

Sometimes paying cash and going across the world is the best answer. There are excellent surgeons out there who DO have their patients best interests at heart. Yes follow-ups aren't free, but you can get someone locally to follow you after. If you need another surgery in the future (god forbid) then you pay again - I realize that isn't option for everyone but it is for me. Once there are experts in the US and Canada with 3rd generation discs that are FDA approved then my opinion will likely change but before that I will be highly sceptical.
2009 - Trampoline injury (just bounced down on my butt)
2009-2011 Physiotherapy and medication, progress but no lasting pain relief
2010 - X-Ray DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L4-L3
2010 - MRI Herniation L5-S1, Bulges L4-L5, L4-L3
2011 - Epidurals - No relief
2012 - Facet Injections - No relief
2012 - Discogram TBI - positive L3-S1

L3-S1 ADR M6-L w Clavel 11/28/2012