Thread: overwhelmed.
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 03:35 PM

Default Hello

You have found a great support group! I feel like these people are my friends.

1. The Bryan: I will say that although the Bryan has good shock absorption, it requires too much milling of the vertabrea. If it fails or should develope heterotopic ossification, there is nothing that you can replace it with other than fusion. 2. Prodisc: Less milling, but no shock absorption, and I don't like the single keel, seems that you have to remove more bone than with the Mobi-c, doesn't seem as though it will protect the facet joint over time to me.

mid script: I am not a health care professional

3. The Mobi-C: Still no shock absorption, very loose stability so facet joint concern me later, the keels are better than Prodisc, and could possibly be replaced with another ADR later, just depands. I like it for one or two levels but not three...

Truly why I am going to Europe for the M6-C is had the best of all these!

The one docotor that only want to treat the one level, I would have to ask why? Is it because insurance will pay for 1 or 1 but not 3 or is it that they feel the other level can wait?

Keep us updated!

Cheryl
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany

Last edited by Cheryl0331; 04-30-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo after thought