View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 08:33 PM

Default New guy annular tear

Hello everyone I wish I could have found this forum earlier. I’ve been suffering from chronic back pain for 10 years. I had my first MRI 2 years ago. The surgeon said There was nothing that remarkable on my MRI, so I kept taking NSAIDS and doing chiro core etc. Nothing ever helped except NSAIDS. I tried stopping the NSAIDS 1 1/2 years ago it was like getting into a car wreck, I got to the point where I couldn’t walk, I felt like Tim Conway playing the old guy on the Carol Burnett show, that was my fast pace walk. After 2 years of research I self diagnosed myself with discogenic pain or pain within the disc itself being generated from an annular tear. I found a you tube on annular tears by Dr. Tony Mork sent him my mri and he confirmed my diagnosis. What was amazing was a second surgeon who read my second MRI said the pain was in my head, not only was the tear visible as a high intensity zone on the MRI it was in the narrative of the dr who read the MRI. I just had micro discectomy at DISC in Phoenix. Tears are very hard to fix, so I am starting to explore ADR in the probably most likely event the surgery didn’t fix me. Anyone Out there with advice on annular tears.
17 June 2021 discectomy at DISC in Phoenix