View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 01:16 PM

First thought - I'm often the contrarian here on this subject but I'd suggest concentrating on finding a surgeon you like and you feel confident of first instead of thinking of the device. Again and again over the past decades, having the device placed correctly seems to do more for a successful surgery and good long-term outcome than having the best device. This isn't an attack against Ritter-Lang in particular, just a reality that you get what you pay for applies to the surgeon's skill far more than the device itself.

Second - European surgeons tend to be more aggressive in using ADR on borderline cases. To me, it's because they think in terms of someone who's going to get a lot of post-op ongoing care and physical therapy to allow those borderline cases to be successful, but that's an opinion. As an American overseas, you're going to get limited post-op help unless you plan on staying there for months; that means you're going to have to be a little more conservative in whether you're a good candidate for ADR.

Side note about the PRP - it's not a bad idea to investigate them post-op. Laura used it to help post-op healing but, by itself, they're not likely to do more pre-op than buy a little time to deal with the failing disk.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog