View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
Hi Perepere,

It makes sense that your symptoms are different, since your bad disc is higher up. For me, L3/L4 was fine, so standing was possible to some extent. Sitting was impossible for me. The lower discs make sitting difficult. Since your L4/L5 and L5/S1 are ok, that very well can explain how sitting is not a problem for you.

The bending thing makes complete sense too. For me, in the beginning, when I could sit a little bit, there was a big difference in what type of chair I sat in. The key idea was: in various sitting positions, your tailbone and sacrum bends slightly different, which affects pain.
Likewise, for you, bending while standing affects the positioning of your L3/L4 disc which makes your bulge/tears touch more or less on the nerves.

Having only L3/L4 bad is indeed more rare. Is there possibly some special sport or work you do that could have contributed to this?

Pain in static position is common for DDD regardless of disc. I would bet that some form of traction or hanging can temporarily give you pain relief, am I correct?
I did have traction table but that only make pain worse. Yeah i dont see here so offten people with only L3 L4, so maybe thats why i am having different symptoms. I dont have leg pain, maybe sometimes but i have big back pain. I didnt have any sports or work,i developed this in high scool. It cames from nowhere, and they say it is genetic thing...i was told by several adr doctors that i am adr candidate for L3 L4 level.