View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 04:37 PM

Unhappy

Stone ~ I have not had it done but, have been researching it as well as stem cell treatments just in case I need to turn to them later. So far, I think I need to have two discs in my neck replaced (C3/C4; C5/C6) and as soon as I am able to do it! I don't think conservative treatments are going to help my worn out discs. I'm planning on having surgery by the end of the year but, still need to get a few more opinions. There have been periods this year where I would have jumped on a plane in a heartbeat but, at least this past week, the pain is bearable and I'm living in the moment trying to be patient with the process.

I spent the morning reading Laura and Heidi's posts (2013-2014; I so appreciate everything you both shared!) plus, an old post that Gene posted. Both Laura and Heidi experienced before their surgeries much of what I experience physically only I think I'm a little worse off than them in the last six months. Gene mentioned "Lhermitte's Sign" and it describes to a tee what I experience from time to time. In addition to the constant pain, sometimes I have electrical shock like feelings that travel throughout my body, are brought on by stress and also by bending my neck down towards my chest. This is not a mild shock...it hurts like hell and stops me in my tracks! So far, no surgeon has mentioned Lhermitte's Sign to me. (Thanks Gene for posting about it! I'm posting about it again in case someone else it going through this too.) All the spine surgeons I have met in the U.S. seem to have plenty of patients and plenty of surgeries so, they don't really take the time to figure out what is going on with my body. As long as they can make money for themselves and their hospitals doing fusions, I think that is what most surgeons here will continue doing. I have accepted the weaknesses in our medical system but, I'm still saddened that our for profit healthcare system is costing people's lives and causing so much pain. We really do have to see many doctors to get the proper diagnosis in the U.S.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016