View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 02:13 AM

Question Newish member, reintroduction, spondylolisthesis questions

Hello

I signed up back in December. I was--- and still am in lots of pain and was excited about ADR. I've yet to have surgery of any kind. Beleive it or not- and I'm sure you can- I'm still trying to get answers as to what specifially is causing hte pain. There are so may factors, that to simply 'react' although the pain is pretty extreme a good deal of the time, maybe a huge mistake in the long haul. So I continue to press forward the best I can.

Its been so hard. I have a chronic head pain problem and I'm sure the cervical spine issues are contributing. Over the winter I landed in the ER three times due to horrible head pain which is also mysterious in nature. There are these times when the pain ramps up so badly I literally can't stop throwing up. This is a new thing. In otherwords the pattern of pain changed which can be a red flag they say. Now this lead to a new workup. Its really a very long complex history. when its not so late and I'm not so tired I'll fill you in. But for now, I'm revisiting the notion of some kind of surgery. I'm waiting to hear from my NS on Oct 8th. He's been reviweing all my imaging and we're to talk by phone--he's 400 miles away.

I do know I have three cervical levels with spondylolisthesis, C3-C6. I have reason to beleive they are not stable but we'll see.

Questions to members:
-anyone with cervical (not lumbar, more common) spondylolisthesis?
-is yours stable?
-if unstable, to what degree or what are they saying?
-your symptoms?
-treatment?
-outcome if treated?
-ADR an option?

Boy, is it difficult to meet others witht his issue at the cervical level.

Last edited by Terra; 09-27-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: PS I'm also wondering what vacuum disc means?