View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 07:09 AM

Hello Terra

Thanks for posting your interesting story, sorry it lead to the epidural abscess though. I am unable to comment on your spondylolisthesis re disc replacement, maybe fusion is the best option.... you certainly are complex.

I can relate a little to how you feel, I had a craniotomy for resection of a frontal lobe tumour in 2006 and still get post craniotomy headaches. Mine fortunately are only present on waking and go shortly after getting up. "Can't make an omlette without cracking eggs" is what my neurosurgeon said at my post op consult and really when I think of the possible consequences I consider myself very fortunate.

My symptoms prior to the cervical disc replacements included amongst other things, unsteadiness, vertigo and nausea as well pain and it was unsure what was due to what. Like you I did the rounds of ENT surgeons, audiological physicians, neuro and orthopaedic surgeons. To cut along story short my eventual cervical disc replacement op has made an amazing difference to my life and although I still have the morning headaches I have not had any further vertigo or lightening electric shock type shooting pains.

I hope your neurosurgeon can offer you a potential solution to help you and wish you all the very best.

Very kind regards

Lynda

Last edited by berry; 10-06-2008 at 07:11 AM.