View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 08:28 AM

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I have checked around and it is as I had figured, everyone who offers this kind of therapy is quite a distance from me. The Watsu you mentioned does sound like what she was talking about. I can't even find anyone locally doing any kind of water therapy.

They are Yoga classes around here though. I might have to give that a try Harrison. Does it need to be a Yoga class specifically for back problems or will any Yoga class do?

Spotty, I would love to try out Harbin Hot Springs (if only I could). It's sounds wonderful. I have found a few Pocono resorts that offer Watsu also. This woman was talking about a program that was considered physical therapy though, and covered by health insurance. Although with all the battles I have had with my insurance, I am sure they would find a way not to cover it anyway.

They have denied our appeal for coverage of the nucleoplasty procedure, so I will be making payments on that for quite awhile. Then they came back and said I could have it if I went to John Hopkins but my surgeon does not want me to go there. He is worried that they are not as experienced and if they remove too much disc material, I would be in worse shape. Nothing like being between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks again everyone.