View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:39 PM

Charles,

Yes, that is my thought too. i walked out of there and looked at my husband and said " I know more about ADR than he does". My husband replied that he probably had never researched it because he just sends people to the other surgeon that did the clinical trial.

I called the other surgeons office and was told they are understaffed today and put through to voicemail. Called back this afternoon and was told they would get back to me tomorrow since I was a new patient.

I have also sent an e-mail to Dr. Balderston to see if he can do a long-distance consultation if I send him my medical charts and tests.

I know this would be a temporary fix, I know I would not get my life back the way I would have at least the chance at getting it back with ADR. This is only making my bones get closer together. I'm scared if I did a third discectemy ADR down the road would be out. But then again maybe it isn't and down the road the insurance will be approving it. I'm also scared he's going to get in there to do the discectemy and find he can't do it and decide to do the fusion without my consent. He can't do that can he???

The good news is he doesn't want to do a fusion because of my age. He says I'm too young for a fusion, he doesn't think I'm to young for ADR, he just doesn't know anything about it. He's a fairly young Dr... I would say in his early 40s late 30s, you would think he would stay up on new technology.
MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"
May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion