View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Default foramnitomy

to answer questions:
1) since surgery I have been told not to lift anything over 10lbs so i have been avoiding anything that violates that, except for a few times lol. so NO I cannot say either way if there is improvement yet.
2)Doc has not addressed to me course of action, I do nto see him until June 11 (6 weeks post op).
3) PT in the past helped me, no supplements, hitting the gym hard helped hypertrophy muscles that do receive the signals from uncompressed portions of the nerve. But as a bio-medical engineer i know if the electrical signal is interrupted to the affected muscles how in the heck are these muscles going to improve if they do not receive any signals from the nerve. I have no idea if the injured nerve is permanently damaged or not, how do we know?
I have wishful thinking that over time the nerve will recover but I will never know if my C7 nerve root is fully funtional or not as of now.

2001 MRI diagnosed with C6-C7 left side herniation. Pain and numbness in left arm. EMG showed no weakness. Oct 2007 pain returned so I had a chiro give me an adjustment.
That made me worse, after adjustment sever pain and EMG showed weakness. PT and ESI made it better and helped improve some of the weakness.
Feb 2009 pain came back again MRI showed herniation and noticeable atrophy on left tricep, forearm, and trap.
5/01/2009 Laminoforaminotomy METRXII