View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 11:41 AM

Vicki,
I had a doctor like your's in TX a while back, things went from bad to worse and I ended up getting sub-par treatment and I found someone else. I wrote the doctor complant letters and physically handed them to the doctor. This helpped a little.

I've found that Doctors need a little constructive critism too b/c they don't get the feedback that we get at our jobs. It helps to bring them down to earth a little. Since then I thank my doctors when they are on time and sometimes send thank you notes. I also remind them that I have a job and responsibilites too when they run late and/or are rude and let them know that I understand the ER's happen, but I won't put up with waiting 2 hrs everytime I have an appointment.

That experience taught me that if a doctor doesn't respect my time, my questions and care enought to have office staff that are competant then he is not the best person for me or anyone else. I've seen some of the best and they are always respectful and caring. If you can, I would find someone else. If you can't, I suggest calling his office before your appointment to see if their running late, if so you can wait at home and avoid a long wait reading "Time" or "Modern Parenting" or worse yet "ESPN Mag"

BTW I just saw my bill for a one night hospital stay last week.... $13,163!!!! That is without the 3 doctor's charges.... (I'm betting it will be close to 30K when it's all said and done) THANK GOD for insurance! My boyfriend Jeff nearly fainted when he thought we'd have to pay.