View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 11:10 AM

Today I got a call, after going over EVERYONE'S head, from my company's medical director. He agreed that I should see a Dr. with signifigant ADR experience. The best Dr. in Liberty Mutual's network is Dr. Jeff Goldstein of Seaport Orthopaedic Associates NY. They normally don't take out of state patients but the ball is in my company's court now. The doctors that they originally authorized me for had:

Dr. Ben-Yeshay - ZERO disks (how insulting!)
Dr. Bhatnager - ONE disk (how rude!)
Dr. Vaccaro - TEN disks (eh.)

Dr. Goldstein has implanted over 70 Prodiscs and about 50 Charites. I have been researching this for over 2 1/2 years and found it insulting that they would send me to a Dr. with NO experience at all. I know who is good and I know who is great. Goldstein is good and has alot of experience which is VERY important. His greatness is yet to be determined.
My medical director had a pow-wow with Liberty Mutuals medical director and.....

I GOT MY APPROVAL FOR DR GOLDSTEIN about an hour ago and I'm so happy I want to run through the halls naked!!! I'm getting my life back folks and I'm looking forward to my first discogram

Be a squeaky wheel and you'll get greased. I went through HELL trying to get him!

PRODISC HERE I COME!!! (or Charite) But I think Prodisc will be approved soon so I'd rather have that one.

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! HAPPY DAY!!!!!! I GOT MY DOCTOR! I GOT MY DOCTOR! I GOT MY DOCTOR!
*rips off clothes and runs through halls*
WHOOOHOOO!!!!! YIPPY!!!!!YAAHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC