View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 05:47 PM

OK Now comes the monkey wrench...

Liberty Mutual will not let me go outside of the state of NJ for this procedure. NJ docs have no experience in ADR yet they are keeping me in state. I felt like a guinea pig so I called my lawyer.

My Lawyer said that they have done everything I have asked for thus far. The insurance co. is only required to provide reasonable treatment. Not GREAT treatment, just reasonable treatment...NJ treatment too. They don't have to buy me a Rolls Royce when a Ford will get me from point A to point B. They are going to give me a list and I'll have to choose my poison. I sure hope there are some good Prodisc or Mav doctors here in NJ. Charite seems to be the standard in NJ but if I'm getting a Charite, I would be nuts to go to anyone else but Bitan. I really want Dr. Yue now since the Prodisc is close to tier 1 and I can get that this summer hopefully.

I think I need to push my lawyer more but I'm really not sure what to do at this point. Should I pay my lawyer to shake things up?(I haven't paid him a cent yet) How do I, as a WC patient, get them to go "out of network"?

I am still waiting for my GPS profile to be looked at by some good Dr.'s so I'm going to wait for more opinions but not much longer...
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC