View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:53 PM

A little advice on your balance problems first.... Is it dizziness (vertigo?) rather than a balance issue. If so, I wouldn't call that whiplash and you need to go the VEDA (Vestibular Disorders Association) and look for a qualified physical therapist to treat the inner ear problem that can occur from a jolt like you described. If that's what it is, it's easily treatable (and doesn't involve messing with your neck). I am an occupational therapist, and our hospital in Indiana provides that treatment - it's amazing how fast they cure people.
Back advice.... you won't get more than a one level in the states, unless you can find a clinical trial that you might be appropriate for: clinicaltrials.gov

I doubt whether you'll find insurance that is reasonable on your own that would also cover a pre-exsisting condition that many good insurance companies refuse. Hate to be negative, but insurance is not my friend right now. Good luck on that front, but prepare to be irritated!

Can't give you much local advice: I'm in Indiana, and there are some great research-oriented ortho doctors in Ft Wayne, willing and able to do 1 level. Would be happy to share my research so far on oversees doctors. I'm in the processing of choosing one for a 2 or 3 level ADR in the lumbar area. Read my latest posts on the Spinal Roundtable area, entitled "Shipping off my medical reports today" if interested. I got all of my info to start the search on this wonderful site!
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/