View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:23 PM

Laurie,

None of us are doctors and I would strongly encourage you to have any and all medical statements that you get from from these boards (like the one I'm about to give you) evaluated by a spine doctor before making decisions based on those statements.

The way I interpret the parts of your report that you've posted is that your facets probably won't contra-indicate ADR for you. The interpreting radiologist states of your facets for each level:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyAndAwesomeSunshine View Post
C4-5-

... no significant apophyseal joint arthrosis ...

C5-6-

C6-7

He doesn't even use the words "mild" or "moderate"; just "no significant".

Quote:
Do you really think that even Dr Bernatoli would steer me wrong (into surgery) just for money? It's so hard to know who to trust.
I have read stories of Dr Bertagnoli performing ADR on people which were contra-indicated; some with very bad outcomes. So if you select Dr Bertagnoli, and he is very probably as good as it gets for an ADR surgeon, it would be good to have the green light from other ADR surgeons that you are not contra-indicated.

Quote:
I saw a neurosurgeon last Spring and he told me to hold off as long as possible, but I think that was because he only does fusion and he knows that a 3-level fusion for me is basically the beginning of the end. It will put a big strain on other parts of my neck which aren't normal to begin with....and we all know that means more fusion and that means eventually I won't be able to move my neck...So NO FUSION FOR ME!
I could not agree more! That is GREAT that you have the luxury of time to decide what to do. It sounds like you are using that time very wisely by educating yourself on your condition, available treatments, doctors, etc... That is the best way to have a positive outcome that I've ever seen.

Good luck!

Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011