View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:59 PM

Thank you so much for responding!!!!

I'm feeling a sense of relief just finding this forum in hopes I can educate myself through other's unbiased opinions and experiences.

Yes, I did have a disectomy. I had only half of it removed. My doctor did inform me of the slow recovery process,but being a year and a half after surgery, I am concerned and frustrated.

I just recently convinced him to refer me to the neurologist, due to my calf not improving and being so painful. The results came back abnormal, and he refered me for the therapy which was denied. Every visit I let him know how I'm doing the same still, he tells me, he's expecting a good outcome which could take years and to stay on my medications.

I have an appointment with him on Tuesday. I just started doing research and I am reading these things, like "Yes" that's me and "Yes" that's what I'm trying to explain in my laymen terminology about my pain and continued episodes with my back and calf. I was reading about lactic acid and myfascial release and nerve compression like you mentioned. This is what I have or am experiencing!!!!! I can't imagine I am just expected to live like this for years until it improves.

What I am proposing to say to my doctor is, "I have found this information that sounds like what I have been trying to convey to you each visit." I want to say, I need a second opinion because I cannot live this way any longer just being told to take my meds and be patient.

What actions should I be taking without seeming unreasonable or impatient?? I am no baby by any means and can handle discomfort and pain. What I am experiencing, I am reasonably sure, is not within the normal ranges expected to be tolerated while recovering, if I am even doing that. Any advice or suggestions?? Thank you so much for your time!!

~Commit random acts of kindness~