View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Default Lyme Testing & CT Scan results

Hi Harrison,
Thanks for the information. After thinking about things overnight, I think I will pursue the Lyme testing further as the ELISA is not necessarily all that specific. The challenge will be getting a physician to listen to me and in finding the correct tests to order. The IgG Western Blot is indicated for latent Lymes but your right there seems to be some controvery regarding the types of testing.

I did have a strange rash when I was in my early 20's that wasn't necessarily bull's eye, but it had a red ring around it. The MD then treated it as ringworm that I supposedly got from one of the cats and I did tell my other providers about this when the testing was done. The other disturbing thing is that right after I got that botox my legs and feet started to swell up. Clots were ruled out with both bilateral ultrasounds and a liver ultrasound. The cardiac echo showed some mitral insufficiency. I've been wondering if I didn't have some slight amount of vascular uptake with the botox, but now w/the consideration of possible Lyme, it's started to make me think differently.

The CT of the SI Joint shows it is very widened w/sclerotic changes. It's looking more and more that it will need to be fused. I will try to get more of a systemic work-up prior to that.

MeggieLynn
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint