View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 PM

Default Small Update on SI Joint

I saw Dr John Stark today, the SI Joint fusion surgeon, and the news wasn't good. He said I have true sacroiliitis with a large amount of bone missing on the ileum side. The gap looked pretty ugly on the CT - all along the entire joint. I asked if he thought it was an osteomyelitis (bone infection) - He said he didn't think so - that I would probably feel sicker with fevers. I don't know. I have felt more lousy than usual the last 6 months. He told me I need to take it easy while this is getting worked up - no more PT, stretching, or trying to walk. Next step is to see Rheumatologist and then possibly an Interventional Radiologist for a joint aspiration. If it comes to that, I'll push for a PCR test of that fluid to check if there's any Lyme bug DNA present. It'll need to be fused eventually.

MeggieLynn
*Tx's-PT, 2 ESI's Interlaminar & transforaminal, 2 SI Joint steroid injections, Failed LBB for SI Joint