Thread: m6-L questions
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM

Matt
Sorry for the delay in getting back to its the time zone. I'm sure you'll understand that no two surgical outcomes will be the same, this is how it was for me. Awful constant low back pain which pain killers never really touched, I found it impossible to find a position that was comfortable, I had numbness down the side and across the top of my foot on my left leg, but no real pain with it but some times when lying down and trying to move my legs it did give me extra pain in the lower back.
When I came around after the anaesthetic I understand that I would have had a lot of pain meds in my system but there really was no pain in my back the only pain I ever felt was from the tummy around the incision,the following morning the physiotherapist came in to get me up and about and I really panicked thinking this is going to hurt I very nearly refused!! But one I'd come round to the idea and slowly got out of bed I was still pain free, so for me it was the first time getting out of bed without a great deal of pain it was unbelievable. I did take it easy for a couple of weeks then started physio and hydrotherapy once a week doing alternating ones each week for a month or so, although I never felt it necessary as I had no pain but understood that the muscles need a little help to settle down. I'm just over a on on still totally pain free never even the odd twinge. Honestly my only regret is not having the operation when Mr Dare first suggested it to me. Best wishes to you Matt and I really hope your eventual out come mirrors mine.
November 2011 L5/S1 Disc replaced with M6