Thread: m6-L questions
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 PM

Thanks for your story and your kind hopes for me, I am glad to hear that yours was a complete success!! Sounds very similar to my situation..

Turns out scheduling the facet injections was the right thing to do. I had my doctor request the injection info from my pain doctor and turns out that it wasn't documented that the facet blocks had been done. It said I had some SI injections?? she did indicate that she thought that when she had me under light sedation she remembered doing them but wasn't 100% sure.. MIND BLOWING!!! Needless to say she is not doing the injections on Wednesday.

Oh one question is a medial branch block the same thing that every on refers to when speaking of facet injections used to diagnose facet pain. I was told that I am getting a medial branch block and from what I read one is an injection into the nerve and one is an injection into the joint. Please advice me what injection I need and the proper name to diagnose facet pain.problems.

Also is facet problems visible on a MRI??

My wife has finally agreed that the M6L is the right thing for me and now we need to finish gathering all the info and make a decision on when and where unless we find that the facets are causing the pain..Lets hope not.

Thanks again and God Bless!!
4/11 pain came on and has settled in for good
facet blocks
7 injections
DRX 9000 traction (no help)
Fentanyl patch and 15 mg oxycodon for breakthrough
4 MRI Bulging L5S1 and DDD
3 Dr's suggest ADR
1/13 discogram 7-8/10 pain
2/28/13 ADR scheduled xxxx canceled
3/21/13 L5S1 ADR M6 with Dr. Clavel who else?:-)