View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 03:56 PM

Default BCBS Anthem update: Two-Level Cervical ADR Covered

BCBS Anthem now covers 2LVL ADR for Cervies.

This is not the same policy change that took place (in June?) for BCBS in a portion of its footprint including Texas, Montana, Illinois, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.

My understanding is Anthem is one of the remaining "elephants" that LDR has been working on and that this policy change represents a significant leap in the number of patients covered for this procedure.

Anthem BCBS is not my insurer and I'm sure someone else could speak to this better than me but I believe their footprint adds members in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin?

This policy change went into effect on 8/18. The link below takes you to the policy brief - See the second paragraph under the heading, "Position Statement."

Sorry in advance if this is already posted but I couldn't find it anywhere else and I wanted to post it as soon as I could confirm.

https://www.anthem.com/medicalpolici...pw_a053354.htm
May 2016 to present - Appealing. Summit the couch daily; trek to restroom/kitchen as necessary.