View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:20 PM

Hi Chasswen,

I’m not sure how many people are needed to file a class action lawsuit. It may vary on a state by state basis. I’ll try to find out the answer for you though.

I received notification from Empire BC/BS the other day that they have denied my 1st level appeal to have the Charite ADR surgery. I am gearing up to fight them with my 2nd level appeal as I only have 45 days to get that in. Happy Holidays huh?

My OS wishes that an attorney would come forward & file a class action lawsuit on the behalf of those denied by their insurance companies. The problem, there really isn’t any money to be made by the attorney if all they are fighting for is to allow people to have the ADR surgery & have their insurance pay for it. Also, who pays the attorney’s fees? It would be great if DePuy Spine & the other manufacturers of artificial discs would assist us in fighting the insurance companies and have them foot the attorney's bill.

I hope that everything works out for you & that you receive reimbursement for your surgery. Please keep us posted on this as well as your recovery!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09