View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:13 PM

Just had to give myself a little pat on the back... I just finished a 150 page file to submit to our insurance company for my husband's 2/22/07 two-level surgery. I'm mailing it out Priority/Certified/Insured with a Return Receipt tomorrow. Does that come with fries? And you can be sure I'll be tracking it's every move on the computer! I can exhale (and sleep) now. Even if it's fruitless after going through all available appeals, I'll find satisfaction in knowing that I challenged the insurance company in every way possible. The longer I researched this procedure, the more upsetting it became that people have to fight for what they see is in their best interest. We didn't decide to pursue ProDiscs because we thought they were cute! Well, they ARE nice and shiney...

I just wanted to tell others that I found it very simple to put this file together, so do not be intimidated. My insurance fight is probably just beginning but I'm armed and ready for battle, thanks to the knowledge I've gained right HERE. Thanks, friends!

(Slightly off-topic... Harrison, look away!)
I also just wanted to note that it looks like a little group of us are all scheduled for surgery the same week... so send lots of healing thoughts!
If I'm not mistaken:
Bailey- 2/19/07
SeanTheFireman- 2/21/07
My hubby Dean- 2/22/07
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
Prodisc Surgery on 2/22/07 Dr. Yue
Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back