View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 11:56 AM

abbe,

I would seriously consider looking into whether you can get Aetna. I cant take out an invidual policy for Aetna in my state but they do offer that option in some states. Might be worth investigating. I haven't heard of anyone yet declined by Aetna. Officially their policy says they only cover 1 level but they have covered 2 levels. not sure about 3 but they are your best choice. I thought Kaiser was also covering ADR. The downfall with Kaiser is that you are limited to their drs and I'm not sure any of them have that much experience since I've never heard of a Kasier dr involved in any of the trials.

Otherwise...you really should consider Germany being a 3 level

I am very very curious how you got started with Dr. Delamarater's office to try and get FDA approval for an exception to the ProDisc 2 level trials...even if you didn't get any follow through...how did it get started? I'd like to see if there is a way to get a 2 level exception to the new ActivL single level trials.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop