View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 01:30 PM

Greetings!
I finally got the news I was looking for. As most know, been waiting news regarding 2 level Prodisc replacement. AETNA has approved it and now I'm set with a surgery date of 2/19 at TBI. And to top it off, I've called Aetna to confirm, but they are saying that they will pay for 2 level! Being the eternal pessimist I am, am reading the fine print about copays, coinsurance, payment procedures, etc. and expect that a hefty sum will still come out of my pocket, but so far so good! So for those out there who have been arguing and arguing with insurance companies, there is hope. Aetna rep told me, when I asked about 1 level vs 2, was that everyone is getting more educated now. That is great news! And maybe other carriers will follow.
I now look forward to reading up what others of you have recommended pre-surgery and post-surgery. Can't say that I'm excited about it all - though I would call it a true miracle that I'm in the situation that I am. Prayer does work! As everyone else, I'm scared about the procedure, the recovery, the chances that I will be worse off than I am now, etc...But we got to live right and I think I'm making strides at getting back my life again.
More updates later.
2006 discogram
2006 - diagnosed DDD - 2/19/07 2 level ADR- on the road to recovery!!