View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 02:51 PM

Well, financially, the problem is not whether multilevel ADR is FDA approved, it is that still most insurance companies are not paying for ADR no matter one level or multi-level. Doctors ARE doing both one level and multilevel with the Charite, anyway here in the U.S.

I had fusion at L5/S1 and then two level ADR on top of that in September. I am feeling 90 percent right now and hope that may continue to improve. I did not, however, have the choice of ADR at L5/S1 but would have considered fusion from the get go if that was the only level involved before I found out ADR was not an option at that level. I had to pay for the two discs and the surgeons fee but the rest of it was covered by my insurance company because of the fusion, so I was able to do it here in the states.

Everyone has to consider their own case, but I don't think fusion at L5/S1 is a big deal, it already has the least range of motion and there are no adjacent levels beneath it, that is such a concern at other levels.

I was strongly against a three level fusion, however.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Feeling great!