View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Hi All,
I'm sorry I havent been posting lately. I have had computer problems, and I went on vacation.
During vacation I heard the Prodisc was finally approved. When I got back, I got the call I have been waiting for. Finally, a surgery date. The surgery scheduler for Dr. Kropf called and scheduled me for October 2nd, at St. Johns Hospital in Santa Monica. Then called back this week and re-scheduled for October 4th, at Century City Hospital, that was just up the street from St. Johns. She told me that they work out of both hospitals. I told her that I didnt want anything to get in the way of me having this surgery. My pre-op appointment with Dr. Kropf and Dr. Burrows is on September 19th.
I cant believe its finally here. I have been waiting so long for this. I have been feeling anxious, and trying to prepare myself for it. (mentally) I have recieved information regarding the procedure, but she will be sending me another. I didnt know we had to wear a back brace for 6 weeks? So far my mind has been racing about it all. Paulette, if you are reading this, I know that you have had the prodisc procedure, and at the same level I am needing it. Question: what was the worst part of the recovery? If anyone can help me in preparing for this surgery, please let me know all that I need to know. I want it to go well, and going in positive, but the fear is my recovery. Has anyone else have a surgery date scheduled? Thanks.

Injured 8-24-2000
DDD L5-S1
DDD C-4,5-5,6
Epidural steroid injections lumbar & cervical
x-rays, mri's, etc.
waiting for Prodisc for L5-S1, and Prodisc C for two levels on C-4,5-5,6