View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Blue Shield of California states they are for reforms in health care (which we all know is badly needed) and for universal coverage, yet i find it a bit ironic that many insured patients on this forum with BCBS are unable to get coverage for FDA approved ADR procedures. Still, Blue Shield is bringing attention to the issue of the staggering number of the uninsured and to possible reform.

somehow I really doubt BC-BS really gives a damn about universal healthcare. On the otherhand I think they are just trying to game the situation. If you notice blue cross/blue shield helps manage Med-Cal in california. Medi-cal being the state sponsored HMO plan for kids, elderly and the disabled.

I just qualified for this plan, but I don't see anybody accepting Medi-Cal in Los Angeles except for the county hospitals in the ghettos.

I really think Blue Cross/Blue Shield is positioning themselves to help takeover or at least to be the company that manages a universal healthcare system. This company, which has probably caused the deaths of thousands of people over the last 20 years, should be the last on the list to manage a universal healthcare system.

Judging all the recent appointments to political positions, I can pretty much guarantee Obamas administration will be against a universal healthcare system.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6